Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
420time

Roku won’t connect to wifi anymore. Please help?

I'm having trouble connecting my Roku player to WiFi. It's been two weeks of trying everything from resetting my device. Unplugging it. Resetting my router and still won't connect to WiFi. Anyone got any other ideas. My device was given to me over a year ago and never had a problem until it stopped connecting to WiFi two weeks ago

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku won’t connect to wifi anymore. Please help?

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @420time.

We appreciate you reaching out for Support. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Initially, could you please let us know when your device started to lose its network connection? Are you somehow using a VPN?

We suggest resetting your network settings by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Advance system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection to clear the data of your Wi-Fi. After doing so, please try to connect again.

In addition, if you still can't connect to your Wi-Fi after resetting, kindly try to use an alternative network connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it will come through. 

Furthermore, we also recommend reaching out to your internet service provider to reboot your network on their end. 

Please let us know how it goes, as we are more than eager to help you fix this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@420time 

Provide some details about your issue.  Roku model number found in Settings/System/About, your router model number, your ISP (internet service provider), and any error messages/numbers you are seeing on the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Mine is also doing that, just in the last couple of days. The WiFi signal on the Roku device says “good”, all other Roku devices and electronics that are connected to the WiFi are working well, it just this one Roku in one room that randomly stopped connecting. I’ve followed the prompts from a reply to your thread about reset network and nothing has changed.

0 Kudos

Ours also stopped working.  Watching a movie last night and all of a sudden it stopped and we haven’t been able to get it working even though I have done everything that I have found on the internet to do.  Reset modem, reset Roku, unplugged Roku, rest net work, and now I factory rest the entire thing and still nothing.  Our living room Roku was giving us issues all day running slow and buffering a lot despite being a mere 3 feet from our modem.  Everything else in the house is working off the internet.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Esrockwell66, we need more information.  Do you get any error messages or codes when you try to connect to Wi-Fi?  It would also help to know the model number of your device(s) displayed under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos