Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlaspata
Level 7

Roku won’t connect to WIFi.

My Roku won’t connect to WiFi. I restarted the router, restarted my Roku and did a factory reset on Roku and nothing works. Any other options to try?  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
justmeandhim
Level 7

Re: Roku won’t connect to WIFi.

I am having the same issue with both of my tv's. I have an excellent signal. I watched the video on the support page and followed all instructions. I have contacted my internet company. I'm all good there. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Benitezz
Level 7

this is ridiculous my roku is brand new it was working perfectly for 1 week maybe then suddenly it can’t connect to my wifi . My internet is running good tripled checked so it’s on rokus end . Real mad first time and last time I’ll get there product . Should’ve stayed with fire stick . 

0 Kudos
MilesT
Level 14

Helps to know which device exactly by model number.

Some roku devices (maybe some roku TV) only support 2.4ghz b/g WiFi.  Yeah Roku was not keeping up with a general trend to 5ghz in the name of costs.

There has been a spate of ISP/cable companies turning off 2.4ghz or removing "b" mode in the name of "improvements".  Which you may have now found isn't an improvement for you. 

Login to admin/config of your router to check this, or contact your ISP or cable company. May also help to get the router to " forget " the connection (and same on Roku), power router and roku off and on and then try to resetup WiFi.

I have had an issue with older Express that the WiFi hardware in the device just died after a couple of years, so could be roku hardware problem.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos