Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fstylesz
Reel Rookie

Roku won’t connect and internet is fine

I have two rokus. One in the bedroom and one in the living room. Both are not connecting to the internet. I called my Internet provider and ultimately everything was good on there end and the signal strength is excellent but still both devices won’t work. Is there anybody that can legitimately help? 

25 REPLIES 25
Blunty
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won’t connect and internet is fine

I think they changed something in the firmware in the last update. My Roku will no longer go over 2Mbps while my android tv device on the same tv and network gets 55Mbps. I've done 100 speed tests they are on diffrent inputs that's the only difference. looking all the posts about buffering and not connecting to the internet lead me to believe that they changed something in the the firmware.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Fstylesz 

Which Roku devices do you have? The model number is important. Settings > System > About

I ask because, well, it may be important. Some Roku devices only operate on 2.4 GHz band. Some ISPs (Comcast is notorious for this, but others as well) will drop 2.4 GHz band, or change the settings from b/g/n to g/n. Either of those changes will impact low end Roku devices. The model number will help determine if this is the issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Fstylesz
Reel Rookie

Hey I have the Roku express. The one in my bedroom and my living both stopped working suddenly 

0 Kudos
Fstylesz
Reel Rookie

Man this is ridiculous smh and there’s like no customer service 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Fstylesz 

It's difficult to give help for people that won't answer questions. I asked you for the model number. I twice told you the number was important, and even told you how to get it. So rather than give me the model number, you simply said "express."

So, is that:

• Express model 3700
  • Express+ model 3710
  • Express model 3900
  • Express+ model 3910
  • Express model 3930
  • Express+ model 3931
  • Express 4K model 3940
  • Express 4K+ model 3941

So ...?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Yes my Roku will not connect to my internet service my internet service is fine it was working the other day then it stopped working I reset my router I reset the Roku still will not connect to my internet

0 Kudos
Blunty
Reel Rookie

I have a: Roku Premiere+ (3921 series)
Thanks for the suggestion and I checked in the router(which is mine) and none of that was my issue. I think if the firmware wasn't changed in the last update that my ISP may be throttling the device. It will connect to my router no problem and I can stream from my pc to it.  Sometimes it won't connect to the internet but never goes over 2Mbps which what made me thing it was some kind of firmware limit.  I just switched to an android tv device I already had until I the problem is fixed.

0 Kudos

I have two and neither one of them connect.  Trying to watch superbowl and have friends over so I'm a little mad. Have you recieved any info on how to fix it.  

0 Kudos
Fstylesz
Reel Rookie

No unfortunately smh just a bunch of people on Twitter with the exact same issue

0 Kudos