Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bogin77

Roku will not stay connected to the internet

I had the same problem, Roku customer service was beyond useless and none of the fixes listed by other users worked. Replacing the tv (it’s 6 months old) with a non Roku one. Also removing the Rokus from my moms house and replacing them. Only way these companies will stop making garbage is if we stop using their products. 

5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku will not stay connected to the internet

Hi! @Bogin77,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

• Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?
  • What Roku model device are you using?
  • What wireless frequency is your router broadcasting?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are seeing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted, and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I recently lost my internet connection for about a day.  When the internet issue was resolved, I then found that my Roku needed to be reconnected.  I have tried and failed multiple times.  I have followed the instructions found on the support page.  I am sure the correct wireless address and password are correct.  I am wondering if my Roku needs to be replaced.  I have verified with my internet provider that everything is working on their end.  I have had my Roku for about 4-5 years.  Maybe it's old?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @MaryPAgardens,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • What do you see on your screen when you try to connect to your network? (Prior to entering the network credentials)
  • What error message or code do you receive when connecting to your network? (after entering network credentials)
  • What wireless frequency is your router broadcasting? Please try selecting the 2.4 GHz band of your network for your Roku devices and see if the connection stabilizes.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the same issue occurs?

Please keep us posted, and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bvanveen

I’m using Roku Express, purchased in May2023. 
on screen: correct network. 
error code: 14.41

unable to determine router frequency 

on basis of the above, what is your recommendation?

currently cannot activate my Roku features. 
Thank you

Bart Van Veen

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bvanveen,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We would be more than glad to assist you with this. For more information on how to troubleshoot the network issue you;re having, kindly refer to this support article at this link: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos