Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okurnekorb
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku will not connect to Asus GT-AX6000! Please work with Asus on this!

Jump to solution

Currently my 3800X - Roku Streaming Sticks are on 11.0.0 - build 4180-55

and my 3820X - Streaming Stick 4Ks are on 11.0.0 - build 4180-CU

Last update date was Apr 21.  I noticed before that there was an update on Apr 16, but I never tested that release.

Someone above said they got it working a week ago, so the update on 4/16 may have been what did it?  I'm not sure what version that was.

Richard891
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Streambar Pro does not connect  to my Asus AX 6600.  I can connect to my iPhone, various computers, printers, garage door openers, etc . . . . just not the Roku Streambar Pro.

Maybe another firmware update, but how do you install that without connecting to the internet ?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Richard891 

Did you try all the recommended steps in this thread regarding PMF and assuring that WPA2 is enabled?  Try setting to WPA/WPA2 only on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands and see if able to connect. (Restart both the router and your Streambar after making the changes).

If able to connect, then you can try upping security to WPA2/WPA3 if you feel you need it, and see if Roku still remains connected. (each band has individual settings)

Additionally, the standard recommendations for networks still apply here.

If using a cable ISP, verify your 2.4ghz band is configured to b/g/n wireless mode.  On the 5ghz band, verify you are not using DFS channels or have set to "Auto" if you have DFS enabled in this router.  Roku can only see and use non-DFS channels 36-48 (low band), and 52-161 (high band).  Can also use 165, but best to steer clear of this channel.

Regarding passwords, try using a SSID password without special characters.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos