Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenDust

Re: Roku will no longer connect to my wi-fi network

Same thing happening to me. The wifi signal I'm trying to connect to is working fine on multiple other devices in the house.

Already been thru the song and dance of resetting the router, resetting the roku box and waiting a few minutes

The Roku box actually finds it, takes the password, and gives me green check marks, but the thing is still not connected and won't even open any of the apps. "Can't run channel- check connection"

With no direct line to the company how am I supposed to get this fixed?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@GreenDust, it would help to know the model number of your Roku and any error messages/codes you're getting.  If you're using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi ensure the wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
NJ48

Same issue with our Roku Streaming Stick+. (We get the "Can't run channel - check internet" message.) Haven't been able to watch anything on Roku except live tv since Jan. 10.  Did everything the Roku chat rep suggested, and they ended chat with: "This is a known issue, our engineering team is trying to fix this issue from our end. We will investigate on this issue and the concerned team will get back to you with an update via email." As of today, 1/23/23, issue is still unresolved. I don't think we will be paying Roku for the subscriptions that we can't utilize and we will be looking for an alternative to Roku.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @NJ48

Thanks for the post.

It looks like our team contacted you recently. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jamie8

This is the same exact issue I’m having. Never had this problem the 2 years I’ve owned it. I’ve watched every YouTube video. The remote sequence thing had it working for 2 hours. It was loading channels very slow though. Now it’s back to saying excellent signal…but not connecting 😩

0 Kudos
grifbabe

We have a receiver connected and believe it or not just powering on the receiver brings Roku back to normal then we can power the receiveroff again. . I hope this helps.

0 Kudos