Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w1erty

Roku tv won’t connect to internet

Jump to solution

Howdy all! My Roku express hd has been working near perfectly since I got it close to a year ago, however, as of a few weeks ago: it started slowing down, buttons wouldn’t register, it crashed often when trying to launch apps and it keeps blinking like 1 22 1 22.

On top of that, just today it’s started refusing to connect even though the internet on all other devices works perfectly

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv won’t connect to internet

Jump to solution

Hi @GettingBeatByRo,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. That's not what we aim for. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue.

In this case, since you can connect your Roku device through a mobile hotspot, we suggest contacting your Internet provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the issue you are having with connecting your Roku device to their network.

If there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @w1erty!

We appreciate you reaching out for support, and we'd be happy to provide you with troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this.

Before we proceed, may we know if this affected all of the channels on your Roku? Kindly try to perform the following steps provided below:

1. Reboot your Roku Express by navigating to your Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  2. Restart your Wi-Fi router or modem. Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well because sometimes, even with fiber optics, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays.
  3. Manually check for software updates through Settings > System > Software update > Check now.

Let us know if this helps and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shelley924

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same. I've done everything short of a factory reset... and it's driving me nuts. It connects to wireless network, but not the internet. 

Em2024

Jump to solution

My devices are also doing this since yesterday afternoon! I have reset router and devices. It's only the rokus not connecting, xbox phones and computers all work, hopefully resolves soon.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Shelley924,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. What error message or code are you getting after trying to connect to your Wi-Fi network on your Roku TV? How far is your Wi-Fi network from your Roku TV? In addition, have you tried restarting your modem and router? (Unplug it from the wall outlet for a minute and plug it back in right after.)

We'll be eager to wait for your update. Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Em2024,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry if you are having this issue, and we'd like to know more about how we can help.
To resolve this, here are a few troubleshooting steps that commonly resolve this issue:

• Restart your Roku device by navigating to Settings > System Power > (skip if there is no sub-menu) System Restart.
  • Clear the network information on your Roku device. Navigate to Settings > System > Advance System Settings > Network connection reset. Then reconnect it once more.
  • Restart your modem/router.
  • Connect to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, if you can connect and maintain a network connection.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CSA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've taken all the trouble shooting steps.  It can "see" my wi-fi, but it will not connect.  I've also tried using a hot spot.  It can see the hot spot, but it will not connect.  It worked fine last night.  So frustrating!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having close to the same issue except my TCL Roku TV will connect through my phone's hotspot.

I've also tried "every" trouble shooting options (including factory reset)! My modem/router works fine with my other devices throughout the house while the TCL Roku TV is the closest (about 12') to the router won't connect to it even though it list my networks on screen. 

What is the real issue Roku is having but, hasn't admitted to?!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CSA,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd be delighted to take a closer look to see how we can assist. Do you receive an error code or message when connecting to the network? Did you try to connect the device to your home network or the router?

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.
If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GettingBeatByRo,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. That's not what we aim for. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue.

In this case, since you can connect your Roku device through a mobile hotspot, we suggest contacting your Internet provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the issue you are having with connecting your Roku device to their network.

If there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos