Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabagui77
Reel Rookie

Roku still not working, WiFi works but is not connected on Roku, can’t access anything

My roku is not connecting since yesterday,  my wifi works because am using my computer and phone…and it says in Roku unable to connect to internet, not sure what is going on, I restarted my Roku a lot of times and nothing. Any idea how long this may take? Do we need to cancel Roku acct??? 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Pac-Gal

Re: Roku still not working, WiFi works but is not connected on Roku, can’t access anything

I’m having the same problem randomly since yesterday. I’ve watched endless YouTube videos and tried things from different Reddit post, still no luck. Anyone out there know what’s going on???

TravisM
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku still not working, WiFi works but is not connected on Roku, can’t access anything

I'm currently having the same issue it was working fine an hour ago 

17152980497957202025692125673516.jpg

0 Kudos
Ajacquez24

This is my second roku tv to do this, I've tried resetting everything multiple times and factory resetting the tv and nothing is working.

0 Kudos
TravisM
Reel Rookie

I factory reset the device and it updated, so now it's working as per normal 

Asterixs
Reel Rookie

Same here. We have 3 Roku’s in our house, not one of them will connect and they were working fine. Tried all the suggested troubleshooting tips (reset to factory setting, unplugging etc.) nothing is working. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

To all: the first thing you all need to provide is the model of Roku player, and if it's a Roku TV we need to know the manufacturer and TV model.

Some Roku players and TVs only support the 2.4 GHz WiFi band. Some ISPs (Internet Service Providers) are known to adjust the home router (if they provided the router/modem, they can control its settings) and either disable the 2.4 GHz radio or change a setting that is incompatible with some Roku devices. 

So, here's what's needed to help assist you with networking issues:

• Roku model (not the name, the model number)
  • how it connects to your network (wired or wireless)
  • who is your ISP, and did they provide your router
  • are you connecting to the wireless at all, and just not reaching the Internet, or is your network not even shown as a connection option
  • Any error code that might be displayed

Note that it doesn't matter if other devices are connected to your network and working. All that proves is that your overall Internet access is OK, but doesn't confirm issues that might only impact a Roku connection. Your other devices could all be on 5 GHz WiFi, or they support a WiFi channel that the Roku does not (there are some such channels, but that is a discussion after we know more about your issue).

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Asterixs
Reel Rookie

Thank you! Your reply prompted me to call the internet provider to see if they made any changes, and they had. Should’ve checked with them first. I appreciate the help!