Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dannyseps
Level 7

Roku sticks no longer connect to wifi

I have two roku sticks and a roku ultra. As of yesterday both roku sticks, while they see a strong wifi connection they will not connect to my wifi. I've reset the password, rebooted the router then restarted the roku and even tried doing a factory reset on one of them but they both still cannot connect.

My roku ultra is working just fine I've even moved the roku ultra to the two rooms where my roku sticks were and it works just fine....

Any ideas?

28 REPLIES 28
Betyrod
Level 8

Re: Roku sticks no longer connect to wifi

That’s it’s exactly what been happening to me. I already did every and more, tried all ways  to restart and check the service. Although my network is quite strong and all my devices work perfectly, Roku stick is the one that does not connect to my network. Same, since yesterday October 30

huntmarv
Level 8

Yeah this confirms I'm done with Roku. Losing YouTube and possibly Prime will bring Roku to their knees. I'm going with Fire Stick starting tomorrow. So long Roku. I'm sure you're going to lose thousands of customers. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Dannyseps @Betyrod 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your router to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing? If you are still unable to fix the issue, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yisihaq01
Level 7

I have the same problem. Since I did a factory reset, I can’t get past the initial setup. How can I get the device id, serial number and software version?

thanks

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Yisihaq01,  if you performed a factory reset then the only thing you can get is the Device ID or S/N off of the stick itself.  Depending on how old your stick is it's one or the other even though it's always marked SN.  Don't ask...  It would be helpful to know the model number which should also be written on the stick.

Where exactly is it failing the initial setup?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
barb726
Level 7

Same problem , same time it started.  it intermittently works after reconnecting literally dozens of times I can finally get it to work for a while, then it fails again. This 5 days now! restarting, reconnecting, moving, nothing works at all.

This is ridiculous!

0 Kudos
jigzsaw
Level 8

This happened to me.  I tried all the usual fixes, to no avail.  It turns out that plugging the Roku into the wall outlet was the answer.  

For whatever reason, using the TV as the power source no longer worked.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Betyrod, I'm assuming you're not in the US.  Note that only channels 1 through 11 are supported on 2.4GHz and channels 48 and below or 149 and above are supported on 5GHz.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Betyrod
Level 8

@renojim 

I’m in US, but I do not understand what is the problem with the channels supported in GHz whatever, my  problem is the connection of my Roku  to my internet and to be able to see Streaming channels like Hulu, Netflix, etc