Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku stick no remote so not able to pair

I was given a Roku stick has everything but the remote. The persons child spilled liquid on it she was going to toss it out. But if I can figure out how to pair a new old remote. I can set it up in one of her kids room so they can have a smart tv. If any one could help. I'd be honored. Thank you as well. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stick no remote so not able to pair

Sticks only work with the RF Wi-Fi direct remotes.  Current remotes that work with sticks are voice remotes, but there were old remotes that weren't voice remotes that would work.  If the stick is purple (or the model number is less than 3600), it's not worth fooling with.  If you give us the model number written on the stick we might be able to give you more information.  You have to weigh the cost of a new remote (which would be at least $20) against the cost of a new device.  There aren't any universal remotes that work with sticks, so the other option would be to look for one on the used market, but you have to be sure you know what you're looking for.

Accessories | Roku Player, Streaming Stick, Smart TV & Audio Accessories | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos