Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blake521

Roku smart stick ruined 2 of my TV’s!!!

Roku smart stick was plugged in Living room TV on the HDMI 2 port and all of a sudden the screen went black but had audio. I assumed the hdmi cable was bad so I switched the hdmi cable and it was the same issue black screen with audio. Switched the Roku smart stick to my HDMI 3 port and it played just fine for about a week and then come home from work and my tv completely quit working. Black screen on all 3 ports and audio only. I assumed ok well the backlight must just be out. I purchased a new tv plugged the same Roku stick in and all was good. One week later the same issue started happening all over again now my second tv is ruined! I am so frustrated that this smart stick just cost me two tv’s! Roku needs to do better because this is ridiculous. The smart sticks should be pulled from the shelves! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku smart stick ruined 2 of my TV’s!!!

Hi @Blake521,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the late response about this and we appreciate you for reaching out. We'd like to know if this behavior happens when accessing a specific channel or if it happens across the channel on the platform.

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos