Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Msgroomes23
Reel Rookie

Roku not connecting to Wifi. Already reset router

This isn’t the first time this has happened and usually resetting the router would do the trick but it will not connect. All of my other devices Connect without an issue but my Roku won’t. It shows my router in the settings and the strength is excellent. I just don’t understand why it won’t connect.  It will connect to my phones hotspot though. I don’t know what else to try

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not connecting to Wifi. Already reset router

@Msgroomes23 

Default Settings for routers should also be considered when troubleshooting. Try using these recommended/default setting and then tweak as necessary.

2.4 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to b/g/n or b/g/n(Mixed Mode)
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 1 and 11 (preferably 1, 6 , or 11). Channels 12 and 13 are disabled through Roku Software, so manually setting a Channel will help mitigate issues caused by Auto Setting.

5.0 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to N/AC
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz or 20/40 mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 36-48 (low frequency band) or 149-161 (high frequency band). Roku cannot see or use channels 52-140 (DFS Channels) which an Auto Setting may be choosing. If your router allows you to Disable DFS Channels, then an Auto Setting may be used after successful troubleshooting.

Restart both your Router and Roku devices(s) after making the above changes.

Post back with an update or if you need more help. Include your Roku model number, router model number and ISP. (internet service provider).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Msgroomes23
Reel Rookie

I’ve already reset my router as well as my Roku and I don’t know anything about the ghz for the router. Is there any other solution for this?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Msgroomes23 

If you provide your Roku model number (found under Settings/System/About), and provide the model number of your router (usually a sticker on side or bottom of router), and your ISP (internet service provider), this can perhaps narrow down issue and we can provide you some instructions of checking your router settings.

Without knowing your model number and your network setup (router settings), you are basically limited to restarting your Roku device and your router.  Best to try and get to root cause of your issue but need the info requested above to give you better advice.

Since your Roku device connects to your hotspot, it appears that some router configuration is necessary, at first glance.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos