Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawOfTheDead
Channel Surfer

Roku no longer sees network

Nothing has changed in my home. Same provider, same router, same tv, same roku, same spot- everything else in house is still running fine - all of a sudden, today, Roku cannot find network to connect to. It has worked perfectly for a year and now all of a sudden wont.

67 REPLIES 67
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku no longer sees network

@DawOfTheDead 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about what you are seeing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sigh

I have the same problem. No connection to the internet.

I have rebooted multiple times, both TV and router. But it does not even "see" my neighbors' systems.

Took to factory settings but still does not see networks.

Downloaded update to USB following all directions. Repeated multiple times but keep getting "Contents of the update file are invalid..."

Hadgie16

The same thing has been happening with my Roku for over a week now. I have the Roku Express+. It is still set up in the same location to the same TV. I have tried rebooting it but that does not seem to do anything.

When I have it scan for network, it pops up with no network found and to try again. Usually my neighbors Wi-Fi shows up too but it has not been. All my other devices are working fine on the Wi-Fi so it must be a problem with the Roku itself. What can I do to resolve this issue?

DawOfTheDead
Channel Surfer

It is a Model 3930X

I haven't had it even a year yet and BARELY used it but now that I have need to- it wont connect 

0 Kudos
winston24

I have a Express + same thing for me nothing has changed worked fine one day tried to watch yesterday and keeps saying not connected to internet, will not connect

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Many users that have reported this issue found a fix by changing their settings in their wireless router to only allow 802.11g or N. Some have a checkbox that allows using legacy protocols, and that needs to be disabled. Unless someone has an extremely old wireless device, there's no reason to enable support for 802.11b. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Grandma3

Danny R

We have a Roku+ streaming stick and we’re having the same problem as others have reported in this thread:  Roku no longer sees network.  
All other devices are connected and functioning.  We have done a Roku restart, a system restart, disconnected, reconnected, etc.  While  our neighbors’ networks appear, ours does not.  We have also cleared and reentered the network name and password.  Roku needs to provide it’s customers with a solution; because, if it’s necessary to move on, we will NOT purchase another Roku streaming stick. We’re all awaiting a Roku solution response!   

Jules44

I am in the same position. All of the other devices in my home recognize my network and show a strong connection but as of today my Roku+ does not show my network. I have done all the recommended troubleshooting and know it is not a problem with my network or router. Restarting the Roku Stick is not working either. I've tried to manually enter my network information and that is not resolving anything. All of my neighbors' networks appear on the stick, only mine is missing. It's as if my network has been erased or blocked. There needs to be a solution offered immediately or I am returning this useless device. HELP US!

Schmidt3

Same issue here. Just started tonight. It lets me connect to my network which is fine for all my other devices, shows an “excellent “ connection but when I try to open up anything it says I’m not connected to network. I go back to setting and it’s dropped the network. Very frustrating.