Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJKnott
Level 7

Roku lost connection. Now won’t connect to internet and remote won’t work

About 730ish centra time this morning both Roku devices in my house lost connection. Both are Roku express model 3930x

unplugged both devices. Let them sit while I reset the router. They turn on just fine and get to the main screen. But then they do not connect to WiFi and they do not respond to the remotes at all

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku lost connection. Now won’t connect to internet and remote won’t work

@RJKnott 

You will most likely have to access your router settings and verify the following for your 2.4ghz band to ensure the router is seeing the Roku.

(Wireless Settings for 2.4 ghz band)

1. Ensure Radio is Enabled/On and SSID (network name) is Broadcasting/Enabled.

2. Mode/Protocol is set to b/g/n

3. Channel Width/Bandwidth is set to 20mhz.

4. Channel is set to a number between 1 and 11, rather than "Auto" (ch. 1, 6, 11 initially preferred)

Restart both the router and the Roku devices after verifying/making above changes.

If you are still having issues or need help accessing router settings, post back with router model number number ISP, and what Roku OS number you are using. (10.0 or 10.5)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos