Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigb1026
Reel Rookie

Roku keeps losing connectivety

Having an issue with only one of the four Roku devices we have in our home.  The TV in the home office keeps showing "not connected" 5-6 times per week.  Only this TV, none of the others have problems, so I know it's not the router or wifi connection..  I have to pull the Roku out of the device, pull out the power plug, count to ten, then reconnect, and it works again until it fails the next time. I switched out the Roku device for a brand new one; it worked for awhile then started with the same issue again.  This is the same room as the Comcast router, so I tried increasing the distance between the router and the TV, which didn't help.  I'm beginning to think the problem may be with the TV, not the router or the Roku device.   Any thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku keeps losing connectivety

Hi @bigb1026,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to investigate further this issue that you're experiencing. Can you please provide the following information below?

• May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)
  • How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos