Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Robusto
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku keep losing the connection to my modem.

I've had this ROKU Ultra for about 9 yrs now.  No Issues.   It's weird how it shows an "excellent" signal strength...but just won't connect.    very, very frustrating and disappointing.

Cchee

This is frustrating!  I have 2 Roku devices that continue to drop connection.  I know that it is not the internet provider.  The circle of lost connection appears and makes a 30 min show into 45 mins.  Please patch these!  Sling, Discovery Plus, Amazon Prime, etc all go into this trance.  

nightsmusic
Streaming Star

This problem started with the last update on May 23, 2023. It happened just a few times until this past week when we had a power outage and now it's happening at least twice an hour for me. I have to go through and reconnect to the internet as if I'm starting from scratch, even though it clearly shows the signal strength is excellent and there are no issues with anything else connected to the internet including the smart TV the Roku is being used on. I've reset the wireless on the Roku, the TV, reset the modem, tried to follow the instructions on an old thread explaining that my Roku Express only works on 2.4g and only on b/g/n which apparently was changeable on older modems but due to xFinity's idiot wisdom, is no longer an option to change with their xFi modems anymore so that's not doable. I will say I've had their modem for months and the Express worked fine until this last update! This is not the modem! But the power outage exacerbated the problem.

No, it's not on one specific channel, no, it's not at one specific time of day, it's all day long, no, I would fill an entire topic if I was expected to sit here and continue all day to go through hitting the home button and back button and giving you info after info over and over again about this problem. I have four Rokus of various levels in this house plus a Roku TV and at this point, with the problems I've had over the last year, we won't be buying Roku again. This past year has been one problem after another, you cannot call for technical help, you cannot chat for technical help, all you can do is post here because any other support takes days and the hoops to jump through are ridiculous. I am fed up. Watching TV shouldn't be this hard.

jb27
Binge Watcher

totally agree. I even had a Bell tech guy to check my modem. everything else works .  it's not the modem. I even bought a brand new roku express cuz the tech guy said it's  the roku device.  WHEN THE ROKU WORKED, IT WAS FANTASTIC BUT ITS SO HIT AND MISS AND  MORE MISS THAN HIT, IT'S RIDICULOUS.  I've scoured the Roku support pages and website and nothing helps. you can't talk to a person. short of buying an Ethernet adapter, my roku is a waste of money.

nightsmusic
Streaming Star

I used to recommend Roku over anything else. It seems this last year, in their attempt to keep up or 'get better' or something, things have only gotten worse. This is a three or four month old unit that Roku replaced after that whole 'volume changing on its own' fiasco they had late last year where it would drive you out of the room because it would jump to top volume. This unit worked great and didn't do that. Then the new update came through last month and boom! This new connectivity problem. It's just one thing after another every other month! I'm just tired of it.

D99Y

Issue report tracker

Model: 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number: X017008VUN5N (S08\42AVUN5N)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-CU

GC version: 9.3.42

Timestamp: 2023-06-09T11:27:12Z

Please use issue ID 5N-229-647 to report the current issue.

This started after the last update installed. As a software developer, I am sure it’s related to the update.

Mr_Robusto
Channel Surfer

same.   But now it's time for a fire stick.    

jb27
Binge Watcher

So you've been using Roku for 9 years? How do you use it if it doesn't connect??

0 Kudos
Mr_Robusto
Channel Surfer

It's worked well....very well...for 9 yrs and only started acting this way after the last update.

0 Kudos
flyslow
Reel Rookie

Dear Tech SUpport,

Please provide some kind of update as to when this problem will be resolved or a number, email or somewhere i can file a warranty claim to get this stick replaced.

Thank you