Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roku keep losing the connection to my modem.

Tonight was awful! We were watching the Spelling Bee when our system went down. First thing I thought of was my internet provider. We rebooted our modem. But the problem continued. So, we rebooted Roku. That worked...for a while. All night long I had to go back into Roku to reset the network. My service provider never went down. I had internet on my laptop and my phone. But Roku keep losing the connection to my modem. What's going on with this? What can be done?

Thanks,

Marianne

54 REPLIES 54
Js19

Re: Roku keep losing the connection to my modem.

It’s been happening to me for the last week, a few times a day. Very frustrating.

Wharvey

We are having the same issue have lost connection multiple times today like maybe 15 times so far today. Does anyone know how to fix this problem we just keep pressing the reset button. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know why Roku is dropping my connection to my modem, but it was suggested that I move from 5K to 2K and so far it hasn't dropped the connection. I'll get back with a note if it does.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, that didn't work. It lasted for an hour before it lost its connection. Guess I'll have to move to Fire TV.

Dave16
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue and it is very frustrating! I replaced the Roku with another Roku Express and it does the same thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

FIX THIS PROBLEM! PLEASE!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for pointing this out here at the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having network issues with your Roku streaming device but no worries, we're here to find you the best resolution.

Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).

Once we get these information, we will be able to pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
flyslow
Reel Rookie

Model: 3941X- Roku Express 4K+

Serial Number: X01600DHMMMC1 (S07P223HMMC1)

Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4184-CR

CG version: 9.3.42

Timestamp 2023-06-05T22:25:44Z

Issue ID C1-224-545

Roku keeps disconnecting from wireless router.  

0 Kudos
Mr_Robusto
Channel Surfer

Same thing.   It started as a random connectivity issue to now, it won't connect.  All other devices work well in house...only the ROKU will not connect.