Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maine1
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku keep losing connection and goes offline often!!!

Jump to solution

Re: pmifold: 

A similar thing happened to me back in June/July.  I posted the details of my Roku (S/N, make, model, etc.) and within about 5 days I tried watching something and it didn't lose connection at all.  I was happy and posted here that I thought everything looked good.

A week later it was back to losing connection again.  I've been dealing with the connection issues since the beginning of this year.  As I've searched online I see that folks have had this issue going back to 2022.  

I don't know what's going on here but I'm about to find an alternative soon if we don't get any hard and fast answers.  Even if they haven't found a solution yet, at least communicate with us what they know and what they're doing about it.  I feel like they're leaving us all hanging after we give them the info they request.  

It's almost like there's not only connection issues with the Roku devices, but an equally frustrating disconnect between the tech help and all us users.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Did you try the troubleshooting steps that @RokuCarly provided above? If not, please try those steps. In addition, Have you tried to connect your Roku device through an alternative wireless network like a mobile hotspot and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bobbysafe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It so pathetic that Roku team is suggesting to try posible solutions that other participants in this chat have offered without offering a solution on their own. It's clear that they don't know how fix it, the only thing they have been replying is that their team will work on it and it's been months since a real solution.

We all should consider a Class Action l@wsuit!!! 

pmifold
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I find the customer service is lacking for sure.  If it can't be fixed then they should be honest and offer us a refund instead of ignoring our complaints.  Does anyone have an email address for Roku owners, maybe if we all started emailing that person we would get some answers? 

bobbysafe
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

It has been months without a solution from ROKU, we all should consider taking other measures 

jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

bobbysafe:   I totally agree.  At best, Roku products work intermittently.  Not worth the money, hassle or fruitless pleas to tech services.  What other devices or brands are known to actually function?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users!

We appreciate you for keeping us updated. Please be aware that this issue is currently still under investigation, and our Engineering team is doing their best to fix it as soon as possible. Once more information is available, we'll make sure to update this thread. In the meantime, we appreciate you bearing with us.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bobbysafe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's been months since and your "engineering team" hasn't been able to find out what the issue is... Time to hire pay engineer and not volunteers...

Come on Roku, it's time to take your users seriously... Any layer on the chat? 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We completely understand your input, @bobbysafe.

We sincerely regret any trouble this may have caused you. The only information we can give you as of the moment is that it is still currently in the process of being fixed. Your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for. That is why we are doing our best to fix this issue as soon as possible. We need a little bit more of your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jyt.

We just wanted to know when was the last time you experienced this issue and if you happen to encounter this issue again, kindly provide us with the Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID) of it. 

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Kind regards,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos