Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LindaRash

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

I am losing connection on one of my 4 TVs. I could not see your solution

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LindaRash,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for inquiring and sharing the information. As a workaround, you'll want to perform a network reset and system restart to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

After this, navigate to Settings > System > System Restart. Then, check to see if the issue has been resolved. Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ss06470
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a device that allows me to hear sounds in my hearing aid from my sound bar. However since connecting it my Roku stops connecting. I have tried everything plugging and unplugging the Roku rebooting my modem and router and nothing works until I disconnect this the sound optic cable. Then suddenly the Roku was fine. The makers of the device claim there should be no interference since it is using Bluetooth to connect to my hearing aid. Does Roku need Bluetooth? The error messages from the Roku keep referring to internet problemsOnce again I am sure that this problem is real and related to the device since the Roku works fine when I disconnect  the optic cable

0 Kudos
bobbysafe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I got the same problem, I have tried all the possible solutions and still keep losing connectivity... Did you find a, solution? 

0 Kudos
jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

no.  roku is unreliable.  support is a joke.  “they” haven’t the first clue what’s wrong or how to fix the problems.  look at the huge number of users having identical issues that have no recourse.   that tells us roku is a piece of junk.  

i’m buying new sony tvs which do not require an additional device to stream.   once tvs replaced i’m DONE with roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bobbysafe,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community.

We appreciate you for bringing this behavior to our attention, and we apologize for the trouble. What specific Roku streaming device are you having connectivity issues with? In addition, have you tried connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it maintains a connection?

Let us know more about this so we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maine1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dear Kash,

I don't want to sound mean but at this point, your questions and suggestions sound like you're just reading off a script, giving standard answers and haven't give your attention to the very long list of posts.  Seems like all the Moderators ask the exact same questions, suggest the same things and we all respond that nothing is working-- then it's crickets.   

I've come to believe that there are no solutions for this issue and every new Moderator that chimes in doesn't seem to know the whole history of complaints. 

My Roku is not just disconnecting anymore while watching something but now it won't connect at all so that I can even watch something in the first place.  It doesn't matter which Roku device it is, how recent or updated it is, the fact remains that the thing won't connect or stay connected.

It has nothing to do with the router, trying another network or hotspot or any other circumstance as one would think.  All other devices--computers, cable boxes, Apple products don't experience any disconnection issues--only the Roku's.

I've read where lots of folks have given up and will try Firestick or some other option.  That's is what I'm forced to do now.

0 Kudos
pmifold
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this issue with my roku express.  I also went out an bought another one thinking that was the problem, so very disappointed to find out that this is a common issue.  Please advise what can be done to fix this.  I've done all of the recommended trouble shooting.  Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users. 

Thanks for flagging this with us regarding the connectivity issue you've encountered with Roku Express.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble this has caused, and we'll need details about your Roku device so that we can address this issue. Kindly provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • When did you first notice the issue start to occur?
  • Have you tried connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot?

We look forward to your response,

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pmifold
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What I would really like is to get my money back, this is clearly a bigger problem and I don't feel there is a fix in place.  From reading previous comments everyone is having the same issue and it is not being resolved.   I have tried all the recommended fixes i.e. restart router, unplug TV, reset Roku device, I even tried new HDMI cables and nothing is working.  Please let me know how I can get my money back.  Thank you

0 Kudos