Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku keeps losing connection every 20 minutes

Jump to solution

To ALL the Moderators. These complaints should go to whoever is in charge of this at Roku. The amount of time spent on these, the amount of people that have the same issues just keeps going and going to the point that people leave Roku. If you're in business, loosing 1 peron because of something that is obviously not the consumers fault is too many. For any Tech person that has the knowledge of this kind of device, I would think could resolve it for good in a day or two. Also, what's clear is that it started a month to 6 weeks ago. What changed @Roku during that time? Mine is fixed after the fix last week but it obviously didn't resolve the problem entirely. All this to say that you Moderators seem to be nothing more than collector's of information. Send it to Roku daily! If they fuss about it, then they are obviously not interested in solving the issues of their products. If you work for Roku, it's even worse that you can't get it finished....... completely.

Prove me wrong.

jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

well said, vandy.  it’s OBVIOUS —from the sheer volume of the same complaint— that roku has a design failure they haven’t addressed and/or corrected.  it’s grossly frustrating to turn off and reset the device 3 x hour.  major continuity lost in whatever program i’m attempting to follow.  makes it useless to watch anything but a program repeat i’ve already seen.  

thankyou for the astute comments

0 Kudos
LL44
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue for about 2-3 months.  That is why I was searching for what is wrong.

Roku steaming stick keeps losing connection to wifi.  The router is only 2 feet away.

Very frustrating that no fix has been given

jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

beyond “sorry you’re having problems” the ‘support’ staff has not responded further.  it appears roku users have big problems with these units that roku can not solve.  it’s bad for us & bad for them.  the situation is just plain bad all the way around.

i tried to watch a program on hulu last night.  in one hour,  i went through disconnection, physically unplugging the device and resetting FOUR separate times.  i lost total program continuity.  have no idea what happened to the characters in that story.  it was a program i really wanted to watch.  

at this juncture, roku is not the device to buy.  

0 Kudos
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

I started noticing this issue a few weeks ago as well, but today has been completely unusable, connection dropping every few minutes and freezing the apps (nothing else in my house is losing connection). Did all the troubleshooting the others did.

Between this and the continue watching thing (coincidentally also recently?) I may need to look for an alternative provider...

0 Kudos
LL44
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am a long time Roku user. After spending 3 hours trying everything possible to fix this ..... I believe this is a corrupt software update. Thankfully I saved the streaming stick box from my purchase Nov 22.   I took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it for the 4K streaming express.  No more streaming sticks for me.

Installed the 4K streaming express in just a few minutes and used multiple Roku apps over 4 hours with not a single glitch. Roku needs to isolate and address the streaming stick issue losing Wifi connection.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku streaming sticks cannot maintain a connection with your network. We recommend ordering an HDMI Extender for your Roku streaming stick as a solution. You can order the HDMI Extender with no additional charge at this link: HDMI Extender.

Just make sure to fill in the required information.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuAnjelie this issue started recently, and I already have the extender on. Pretty sure all of these issues in the forums are from the recent os upgrade. Can you please roll it back or allow us to do so? I'm about ready to throw mine in the garbage. 

0 Kudos
jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

ok.  so what ‘solution’ do you offer for the ULTRA box.  i don’t now, nor will i ever, own a roku streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Let's be careful about rolling back. The 4k'ers are fixed. If we are not careful, we will undo them as well. Maybe we should break this issue in to separate devices?

0 Kudos