Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku hard connected and says no network connection

@Squiggybeans 

If your Roku device is under a year old, should qualify for warranty replacement. (Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements - https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

If this is the Ultra 4800, have seen reports in the Community of the ethernet port apparently prematurely failing.  Have not seen any succesful troubleshooting to remedy issues other than replacement. (If out of warranty, possibility that you could check for loose solder connection.)   With the newer Ultra devices, Roku removed the larger heat sink that used to accompany older models so heat dissipation may not be as good in the newer Ultra (just my guess.)

Coupled with the fact that you lost audio as well as ethernet capability would indicate some sort of internal hardware failure.  This is kind of supported with the fact the Factory Reset did not resolve your issue.

Although not really helpful with your ethernet issue, you could try to see if you can connect wirelessly (both wifi and hotspot if available to you) in order to see if the issues are related and can be remedied, at least in part.

Just for troubleshooting purposes, do you happen to still see an ethernet MAC address in your Roku settings? (Settings/Network/About)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  he said the Roku is about three years old so it is no longer under warranty

0 Kudos
Squiggybeans
Channel Surfer

Well I got a new Roku and this is a bigger piece of junk than the last. It's not connecting to the internet and the screen goes blank when you try to go to reset up the network.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Squiggybeans 

Lets take this from the top and see if we can get you connected.

------

What is your Roku model number, your Router model number, and your ISP (internet service provider).  Are you seeing any error messages on screen? (14.30, 14.40, etc).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos