Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squiggybeans
Channel Surfer

Roku hard connected and says no network connection

My Roku was working fine then all of a sudden had no sound. I've gotten a new router thinking the ports went bad, replaced all the wires in case they went bad. Changed the HDMI channel it was in, switched out HDMI cables, have done Factory resets and unplugged/replugged everything from the Roku, tv, network, etc. Nothing is working! Now besides no sound Roku is saying there is no network connection. It is hard wired to the router and when I check the connection on Roku it says everything is fine but when you click in any apps it saying it cannot connect because it's not connected to the network. This is all very frustrating and I have no clue where to go now for help 

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Re: Roku hard connected and says no network connection

Sounds like you have a Roku Ultra. So you spent hundreds of dollars on a new router, new HDMI wires plus time effort. Is your Roku over a year old? Did you check to see if it was under warranty? Your logic makes no sense. You could’ve purchased a new Roku for $29-49. Instead you spent about $500? Interesting 

0 Kudos
Squiggybeans
Channel Surfer

I didn't pay anything for the router and cables, they came from Xfinity and they replaced them. Also, it's not the Roku wireless that I have, I have the ultra and if you look online it costs at least $60. How does this comment help the issue I'm having? Not looking for a fight or trolling, I'm trying to figure out how to fix the issue that just happened after a few years of using the Roku with now issues.

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Never said Roku’s Wireless. I said you have the Ultra. And you never said you went to Xfinity and got a new free gateway. Again is it over a year old? If it is it’s out of warranty. If it’s not then you can apply to get a free replacement under warranty. And you don’t need to buy Roku ultra. An Express 4K or Stick 4K works just as good. But the easiest thing would’ve been to bring it to somebody else’s house and try it on their network. how long ago did you purchase a Roku Ultra? First step I would’ve taken is to bring it to somebody else’s house and see if it works there. Gateways and HDMI cables really don’t go bad. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@AeroSpaceTech wrote:

Sounds like you have a Roku Ultra. So you spent hundreds of dollars on a new router, new HDMI wires plus time effort. Is your Roku over a year old? Did you check to see if it was under warranty? Your logic makes no sense. You could’ve purchased a new Roku for $29-49. Instead you spent about $500? Interesting 

Please post helpful comments instead of insulting the original poster (Your logic makes no sense) who did not spend $500 on an attempted solution.  

Squiggybeans
Channel Surfer

I didn't think it was relevant to say where I got the new router. I have had this Roku for at least 3 years. I'm not sure if it's still in warranty, I'll have to check. I tried the factory reset and it just started this new issue of not having connection when connected.

AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@HDMIGuy  It would’ve helped if he actually said that he went and got a free Gateway from Xfinity. But everything he did is all the things he shouldn’t have done. If I suspected my Roku was no good I would try it at a friends house or family. 

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@Squiggybeans  90% of electronic devices are only covered for one full year. So your three-year-old will Roku Ultra is not covered under warranty.  

You could’ve started off saying an Xfinity technician gave me a new gateway new HDMI cables but my Roku ultra still wont connect. Most likely you’re gonna have to go out and buy a new Roku. But you don’t have to get an ultra. The Streaming Stick 4K is $40

0 Kudos
Squiggybeans
Channel Surfer

How did I do everything I shouldn't have done? I was on the phone with tech support and did everything suggested. Xfinity felt that the ports on the router went bad and asked me to bring it in and let them replace it and the cables. It was of no cost to me to have them replaced. I didn't think anything was wrong with the Roku until replacing everything and the problem not being resolved. I don't understand the point of this trolling comments when people are asking for help and suggestions.

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

When you call Xfinity you’re not speaking to an actual technician. You’re speaking to minimum wage people that are simply reading off a flow chart. Routers, modems and gateways rarely go bad. I’m glad that Xfinity gave you everything for free and they should have because you’re leasing their equipment. But unfortunately purchasing a new Roku is probably your best bet. It’s three years old and out of warranty. Xfinity probably give you a router. They gave you a gateway which is a modem and router in one. 

0 Kudos