Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlee011616

Roku express+ stopped connecting to wifi

My roku stopped working while I was watching it. It has been restarted several times and I tried reentering the wifi info, but still not working. Our other rokus and devices are successfully connected to the wifi with no problems.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku express+ stopped connecting to wifi

Hi @Jlee011616,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and we'd like to know more about this to see how we can assist. What specific Roku device are you having issues with? Also, have you tried restarting your modem/router to see if you notice any improvements?  

Additionally, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves the issue below:

• Restart the Roku device -  Settings > System > Power > System Restart
  • Reset the Roku device network settings - Navigate through Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Network Connection Reset
    Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

I'm having this same issue.  

This problem just started happening.  The roku device on the TV I use primarily is a couple of months old - Model 3941X2 - Roku Express 4K+.  It rarely disconnected in the past, but lately (last week or so) it's been intermittently dropping the connection and reconnecting.  A bit annoying but it reconnected pretty quickly.  Two or three times in the last week, it gave me the message that I wasn't connected and I'd have to reset it. Until today - it won't stay connected at all.  Tonight I have reset the modem, the network connection on the roku and the roku device itself (at least 5 times) and it stays connected for about 5-10 minutes and loses the connection.   

I have 2 older roku's in the house that frequently need to be reset and work well once that is done - until the next time I turn on those TV's.  This has been an intermittent problem since day 1, easy to fix, just annoying. The newer one is  the real problem.  It is working so poorly I can't use the TV.

Personally, I'm really tired of having to troubleshoot so many layers of technology just to watch TV.  It has just gotten ridiculous.  Very frustrated here - I often wonder if I should just to go back to rabbit ears!!!!

So what do I do?  My other connected devices work fine - even the old roku in the bedroom came on without any trouble tonight. 

0 Kudos
rodneyr287

I tried everything still don’t work 

0 Kudos
rodneyr287

0 Kudos
rodneyr287

Rrror 009

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @daneaffr and @rodneyr287,

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with the issue. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has brought.

May we know if you are using a VPN? Also, for some users who are having the same issue, the best fix to this issue is by contacting the internet service provider and asking the provider to reboot the network on their end. Alternatively, try connecting your Roku device to an alternative connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to check if it will hold a connection.

Let us know what you find out.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

I'm not using a VPN and am not going to try and figure out how to connect the roku to a mobile hot spot!  I've already contacted the ISP - what are you (ROKU) going to do to fix this?????  This is happening far too wide and far too often.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @daneaffr,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Also, please note that both devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router broadcasts a 2.4GHz WiFi network for the device to connect.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

Both devices?  Do you mean the router and the Roku?  I gave the Roku model number.  how do I know if it is b/g/n compatible?  I don't even know what that is!  This doesn't work for me.  I do not have any interest in becoming a network technician so I know how to troubleshoot watching TV.   I'm P!$$ED!

0 Kudos