Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quuince

Roku express having connection problems after “are you at a hotel/door or home” message

Was working fine yesterday, came home today and Netflix wouldn’t load up so I ran a connection test and that’s when I first saw the message. Says connection strength is excellent after connecting when I select Home but nothing loads still. Reset Roku, TV and router. Tried a factory reset on Roku as well and I still have the issue

3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express having connection problems after “are you at a hotel/door or home” message

Hey @Quuince

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, please be advised that some models of Roku Express are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Layla101

Re: Roku express having connection problems after “are you at a hotel/door or home” message

Same but after I factory I reset the roku tv, as last resort to trying everything I could think of and was told do, the TV came back and no apps, live tv were on it. I’m now stuck with a tv with no roku ( this TV bought apron 6 months ago). 

0 Kudos

THey DONT know anything

They direct you to where to go but DUMMIES dont have the place on their web page

0 Kudos