Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brightonali
Level 7

Roku express disconnected from wifi and won't reconnect (EE Smarthub)

Hi there, We have had a Roku 3900X (Express) for several years, connected to an EE Smarthub through wifi with no problem. A few days ago it disconnected.  We tried lots of things simultaneously - restarting both devices, resetting Roku to factory settings, unplugging, moving it.  Eventually it worked again.  Last night it happened again and this time nothing has worked to reconnect. Wifi is fine for all other devices with good signal.  I can access my Smarthub manager system on the web but not sure what to check for?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
brightonali
Level 7

Re: Roku express disconnected from wifi and won't reconnect (EE Smarthub)

Just some more detail in case useful:

The Roku will connect to my mobile hotpot (but then I used nearly 3GB of data to watch one movie so that's not sustainable on my plan!).  So both the stick and my wifi are working it's just that the roku won't connect to the wifi.  When I try to reset the connection it just says it can't find it.

0 Kudos
brightonali
Level 7

One more bit of detail: I've read through other posts here and seen things like it needs to be a b g n wifi mode, or I might need to change the channel on my router.  But the thing is it has been working fine for several years of daily use, with the current router settings (mode 1 for EE, which is apparently just g n) and channel 1.  So why should it just suddenly start paying up?  

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 17

I've had to go to my parents to reconfigure their router after an automatic/silent firmware update changed a setting that knocked their Wi-Fi printer off-line.  So, I don't know anything about that specific device, but it might automatically update, and Rokus do as well, so, in answer to your last question, there are 2 possible sources for a sudden change in compatibility.

0 Kudos