Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tearexr

Roku disconnecting other devices from WiFi

My Roku TV will automatically disconnect any other device connected to my internet as soon as the TV is turned on. For example, if my dad is watching TV and so much as turns the thing on, my internet will drop on my phone and PC. I can fix this by disconnecting and reconnecting manually on my phone and PC but it only works for about 5 minutes and disconnects the Roku when I do this. Why is this happening? It seems like whenever the TV switches channels, turns on, or even browses, the internet for the rest of the household just glitches in and out or drops entirely. 

I have tried: 

- Disabling IPV6 on our tv

- lowering the priority of roku in router settings

- checking that the tv does not share an ip address with any other device on the network 

- checking that our bandwidth/internet speed is good enough to handle multiple devices. (It is. It should be more than enough. There is no reason for this issue to be happening for either of these reasons.)

- Factory resetting both the router and the TV

What else can I do? Has anyone else found a solution to this problem? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku disconnecting other devices from WiFi

Hi, @tearexr

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community. 

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us. This seems like an issue rooted in your network specifically your internet service provider. We recommend contacting your ISP, and inquiring about this issue for workaround and resolution. 

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos