Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
water_dragon
Reel Rookie

Roku devices won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku devices. I've been getting the Error 009 - Unable to connect to Internet for a few days on two of the devices and I've tried everything suggested. The problem can't be related to the proximity to the router because the Roku next to the router and the Roku in the room farthest away are the ones having the problem. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
water_dragon
Reel Rookie

Re: 2 of 3 Roku devices won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

Jump to solution

I rebooted router and modem, restarted Roku devices and did Network Connection Reset multiple times over multiple days. I was reluctant to call Spectrum but they were able to see that those 2 devices were paused on my Spectrum mobile device. After I unpaused them on my Spectrum app and restarted the devices they were able to connect to the internet. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 2 of 3 Roku devices won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

Jump to solution

Hi @water_dragon 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us regarding the network issue that you're currently experiencing and we're here to find you the best resolution.

Have you tried to reset your router? If not, follow the steps provided below:

• Reset your network: press Home > Settings > Advance system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection

After the network reset is done, your Roku device will restart and you will need to return to the Settings menu and set up your wireless network again.

If the issue is still persistent, we highly suggest you directly contact your internet service provider for further assistance regarding this matter.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@water_dragon-

What are the model name and model numbers of each of your Roku devices?  Settings > System > About will show you.

It's a good idea to report these when asking questions because different models have different features and capabilities. If we know the model you can get better targeted suggestions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
water_dragon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I rebooted router and modem, restarted Roku devices and did Network Connection Reset multiple times over multiple days. I was reluctant to call Spectrum but they were able to see that those 2 devices were paused on my Spectrum mobile device. After I unpaused them on my Spectrum app and restarted the devices they were able to connect to the internet. Thank you.

0 Kudos