Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megank1995
Reel Rookie

Roku devices refuse to connect to my wifi

We are having the same problem. Our Roku tv is connecting fine but our other tv with the Roku hookup isn’t connecting for some reason.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku devices refuse to connect to my wifi.

Hi @Megank1995

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Nineyez

My Roku stopped letting me connect to Wi-Fi Saturday and I have not been able to get it to connect cents yesterday. I guess it says my signals are all strong, but it refuses to connect to my phone to the mainline or even to like our Wi-Fi that’s roaming.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

"Hi @Nineyez

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Megank1995
Reel Rookie

When I turn the Roku on, it automatically says not connected. The error code is 140.30. I have tried all trouble shooting tips, restarting Roku, tv, router. I even reset both router and Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Megank1995

Thank you for the inquiry!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Megank1995 @Nineyez 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with wireless connectivity.

We would be more than happy to assist you further, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to provide better troubleshooting steps to resolve what you are experiencing. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos