Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt8859

Roku connection to phone hotspot internet issues

I have 2 different Roku devices. I only run off of my phones mobile hotspot. I have been using both like this for a long time. The older version I had in storage the newer one I was using until 2 days ago when something happened (Toddler) the reset button was pushed. Now it has wireless connection,  however gives me an unable to connect to the internet error code 009.  I pulled out the old one and it is doing the same. Nothing has changed on my phone. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku connection to phone hotspot internet issues

Do you happen to know what the model names/numbers of your two Roku devices are?  The model number should be found on the bottom of the unit, printed in either a white text on a label or a black outlined/moulded text, usually something like “Model No.,” then usually the four digits and the letter X.  I have a 2017/2018 Roku Express + (the one with analog outputs) and it’s model no. 3910X.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos