Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEBNSTEVE1
Reel Rookie

Roku connection is showing the 2-5 code rrrttt

I just installed a roku 4k box. When loading netflix or youtube i get the the nw-2-5 code. I have done everything in the troubleshooting guide with no luck. Roku and youtube operate fine on my iPad when connected to the same network.  The roku works fine when coupled to my phone Hotspot. I have a wireless bridge at the house that connects to the shop where it connects to a netgear router. All speeds and connections check gine

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku connection is showing the 2-5 code rrrttt

Hi @DEBNSTEVE1

Thank you for the post.

The NW-2-5 error code on Roku typically indicates a network connectivity issue preventing the device from accessing the internet or the app servers. Since your Roku works fine with your phone's hotspot, the issue might be related to the network or router settings.

• Here are some things you can try to fix the issue:
  • Restart your Roku device, your router, and your modem. Unplug them from the power source, wait for a minute, and then plug them back in.
  • Check if other devices on the network are able to access Netflix and YouTube without any issues. If other devices are also facing the same issue, it could indicate a problem with the network or router settings.
  • Try connecting your Roku device directly to your router using an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi to rule out any wireless connectivity issues.
  • Try resetting your network settings on your Roku device. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Advanced system settings" > "Network connection reset" > "Reset connection".
  • Check if there are any firmware updates available for your router and apply them if necessary.
  • If you are using a VPN, try disabling it to see if it resolves the issue.
  • If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that there may be a compatibility issue with your router. You can try contacting your router manufacturer's support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos