Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdg638
Level 7

Roku and Fire TV Ethernet

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3 Streaming Media Player that I connected an ethernet cable to. I am considering purchasing a new Fire Omni TV that also takes an ethernet connection. I know I could split the ethernet cable to run to both devices, but I do not want to lose any speed or cut outs. Do I have to run another ethernet cable from my router to my new TV or is there someway to get the ethernet connection to the Roku from the Fire TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku and Fire TV Ethernet

Jump to solution

You need to run two cables or locate an Ethernet switch near the two devices you want to connect.  You'd have one cable to the switch and then a cable from the switch to each device.  Here's an example of an Ethernet switch.  There are many, many options, but any of the sub-$10 ones would probably suffice.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Ethernet-Splitter-Unmanaged-TL-SF1005D/dp/B000FNFSPY/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You need to run two cables or locate an Ethernet switch near the two devices you want to connect.  You'd have one cable to the switch and then a cable from the switch to each device.  Here's an example of an Ethernet switch.  There are many, many options, but any of the sub-$10 ones would probably suffice.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Ethernet-Splitter-Unmanaged-TL-SF1005D/dp/B000FNFSPY/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
sdg638
Level 7

Jump to solution

I purchased another ethernet cable. Thank you.

0 Kudos