Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
armstrdj
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Wireless not working with eero router since 2/13/2020

Jump to solution

Did they push back at all on rolling it back? They don’t want to roll it back for me.

0 Kudos
Siddharthkaria
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been sending them messages to roll back but they are not responding.

0 Kudos
arctcfrz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No push back at all. They were super responsive on the phone and took care of it. 

0 Kudos
arctcfrz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, my Eero system upgraded itself overnight to 3.18 again. I have narrowed down the issue a bit. On 3.17, my Roku works as expected. On 3.18, I’m unable to add channels or update Roku software but streaming video seems to be working. 

0 Kudos
armstrdj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Do you have cable internet and if so what kind of modem do you have? I have a surf board 6183 and there is a known issue with eero and the firmware my modem is on. They are saying that is the issue but unfortunately my ISP is useless in trying to get a new firmware. I am going to try a different modem later today and will report if I see any differences.

My Roku TV has a wired connection and it works when using wired connection however I see the same issues you describe of being unable to update channels, add channels, etc. 

0 Kudos
Siddharthkaria
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was on call with them for almost an hour yesterday. They will not rollback to 3.17 without trying all scenarios most of which were silly. I couldn't stay and had to cut the call. So my situation is still the same. on 3.18 and still no streaming.

My cable modem is by Zoom. Docsis 3.0. I've had it for a couple of years and works just fine.

I haven't tried adding channels but my core issue is as soon as I launch any channel on Roku, it takes a few minutes and then throws an errors message. Some type of networking issue.

Like I said earlier, everything was working great until Thu last week when I was on 3.17. Overnight 3.18 came in and this issue started.

0 Kudos
jstoffa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just a follow-up.  I contacted Comcast.  They '"re-set" the signal from their end and my roku devices magically started connecting to the access point.  

This doesn't explain why only my roku devices stopped connecting to the access point.  Nor does it explain why my re-boots of the access point didn't reset the connection.  Is Comcast able to block devices from connecting to the access point?   MAC filtering?  

I guess I should be happy that everything is working again, but the unanswered questions are nagging me.

0 Kudos
armstrdj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My issue appears to be some sort of inoperability issue with my modem firmware and the 3.18 firmware from Eero. I had an SB 6183 with kernel SB6183-9.2.0.0-GA-03-29-NOSH. There is a support article at Eero highlighting this issue, see link below. I tried to get my ISP to upgrade the firmware but I couldn't get anywhere. I switched to a SB 6190 and the Rokus are back to normal. 

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/209384066-I-have-an-Arris-SB6183-modem-and-I-m-experienci...

0 Kudos
Bruiser6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same problem and have contacted eero support.  They have no answer as of now and have escalated to tier 2 support.  Waiting to hear back.

0 Kudos
padthai2go
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had an issue with YouTube TV, Roku, and eero. I got it to work by using my phone as a personal hotspot to get YTTV added onto my Roku because it wasn't allowing me to add the channel via Roku on wifi. I finally got it to work with some buffering. I submitted tickets to eero, YTTV, and roku. YTTV was very responsive, though they didn't really help much. Roku was minimally responsive. I just submitted the ticket to eero. 

0 Kudos