Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nettydrown
Reel Rookie

Roku TCL tv connects to routers WI-FI network but won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution
Roku/TCL tv model 40R2A5R connects to the arris tg862g routers WI-FI network but won't connect to the internet. I use MAC auth and its is all set up just fine, and gets the wifi connection, as well, but won't get the internet connection. I have exhausted the trouble shooting topics, all the resets reconfigs, reboots, power cut resets, tech support line helpers, etc, blah, blah.... So I thought well update the firmware. So... I can't get this stupid smart tv to authenticate a USB image of its firmware "software" update file, as per the roku web site firmware update authentication process. It will get to the last step to update the firmware then says "error".  I have tried with 2 different models and get the same result. Maybe there is an issue with the wifi versions of my older router vs new tv? I have been trying to get a roku tv to save the money buying a streamer device - but 'bout to give up on roku tv's. ANYONE been through this mire?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nettydrown
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TCL tv connects to routers WI-FI network but won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

SOLVED - these tv's use 5MgHz my router was 2.4MgHz single channel, upgraded router to dual channel fixed my troubles

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TCL tv connects to routers WI-FI network but won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

Hi @nettydrown,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you. That is not what we aim for. Have you tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nettydrown
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SOLVED - these tv's use 5MgHz my router was 2.4MgHz single channel, upgraded router to dual channel fixed my troubles

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@nettydrown, I'm glad you got it fixed, but for the record Roku TVs can utilize 2.4 or 5 GHZ Wi-Fi.  However, for some reason 2.4GHz seems to be more problematic for some users.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos