Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RYC
Reel Rookie

Roku Suddenly Cannot Connect to the Internet

Jump to solution

i have a Roku Express and I cannot connect to the wireless internet. The internet works for all of my other devices like the computer, phone, etc... all located in the same area. Not sure why the Roku won't work. I can stream from the other devices in the same area. This has worked in the same place under the same conditions for over a year.  I have rebooted the router and the roku multiple times.  I have verified the login information and it is correct.  I am getting errors 14.30 and 14.40 at different times.  I am on Xfinity and I am able to use 2.4gHz and 5.0 gHz, I have 50 Gbps.  I am no where near my monthly limit for internet.  I have also had Xfinity to do a device check and no trouble is found.  I don't think the internet is the problem since it works for other devices, including streaming and they don't have trouble.  The signal is reported as being excellent on the Roku, but will not make a wireless connection.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RYC
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Suddenly Cannot Connect to the Internet

Jump to solution

Hi, thank you for the suggestion.  I did look for that setting yesterday but could not find the option for me to change it.   

However, I did try to connect to a hot spot, it worked.  Then I switched back to my home wifi and it worked,   So I am back!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Xfinitity did some kind of update to their routers.  Go into the router settings and change the 2.4GHz wireless mode from g/n to b/g/n.  You can use their app or ask them to do it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RYC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, thank you for the suggestion.  I did look for that setting yesterday but could not find the option for me to change it.   

However, I did try to connect to a hot spot, it worked.  Then I switched back to my home wifi and it worked,   So I am back!

gbatlanta

Jump to solution

The solution totally worked for me. I was able to change the settings from the app on my phone.  Then I went back to try and connect and it connected without any problems.  Much appreciated. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
ReneHolck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried every “solution” recommended and it continues to happen. I’m so frustrated with this tv!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ReneHolck

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Depep
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What is the solution

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Depep

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried restarting your Router? Is there any error message when trying to connect? May we know whether Roku is detecting the network?

We recommend doing basic troubleshooting steps on that Roku device and checking if these steps would resolve your connectivity issue:
How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos