Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhs29er
Level 8

Roku Streaming Stick + no longer auto connects to network

I have a Roku Streaming Stick +. My home network is such that I have separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHz networks.  Initially my Roku was setup to connect to the 5G network and it was great. Then something happened -- not sure what -- but it no longer saw the G GHz network.  Figuring it was temporary, I set it up to use the 2.4 network.  Performance was fine.  However now, when I turn on the TV/Roku, it does not auto connect to the 2.4 network. I have to manually force it to connect.  The PW is saved and it does connect when I manually try to.  Any thoughts as to why?  Also, any thoughts as to why it no longer sees the 5GHz network?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + no longer auto connects to network

When I've had connection problems not fixed by a manual re-setting up of the wifi connection, I've always been able to recover by restarting the router (even though all my other devices are able to connect without problem), followed by a restart of the Roku.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos