Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martin11
Level 7

Roku Premiere Device Suddenly Not Connecting to Internet

So I have three Roku devices one is a Roku TV. The oldest device has never had any internet connection problems other then temporary lost signals. The TV the same. The Premiere device has worked for the year I have had it until recently. It disconnects when the TV is not in use and trying all the reconnect advice including restarting the device and the router, nothing works. The internet signal strength shows "excellent" on the device. Just now the device was not connecting and after several device restarts still was not working. Suddenly the device is showing a connection but working very slowly to show menu. And now suddenly the connection is lost again. Please note all other internet connected devices are working without any issues including the other Roku connections.  Are there answers to what's going on? I can only assume the Roku Premiere is defective. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere Device Suddenly Not Connecting to Internet

What's the model number of the Premiere from Settings->System->About?  If it's one that uses a USB power adapter are you using the supplied adapter or your TV's USB port?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
martin11
Level 7

Model is 3920X-Roku Premiere

I am using all connections provided in the package to connect to the TV.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @martin11

I hope you're doing well.

Please be advised that Roku Premiere (3920X) is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Amandaowen
Level 7

I’m having the exact same issue! I have a Roku tv and another roku streaming device and this premiere is the only one that won’t connect to the internet. I’ve tried restarting the router, the roku, and even factory resetting the roku device and this one will not connect to the internet anymore. Let me know if you figure out a solution! 

0 Kudos
shagler1
Level 7

I am having the same issue. Started last night and I've restarted my modem multiple times and my Roku multiple times as well. My Roku TV in my bedroom works just fine but the stick won't connect to the internet. Even after I factory reset my Roku stick it won't connect. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Amandaowen @shagler1

Thanks for the posts.

Try following the instructions I posted above. It might help resolve your connectivity issue. Let us know if there's any difference after,

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos