Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krheitz

Roku Premier will not connect to WiFi after restarting and factory reset

I have a Roku Premier, and one day it just stopped connecting to the wifi, giving me an error code 14.30. I have tried resetting my wifi router and the roku several times, and then did a factory reset on it and it still does not work. I cannot call for support but do not know how to fix this issue. Because I factory reset it, I cannot find any information other than the serial number and device type. I purchased it less than a year ago and every other device I own connects to my wifi without a problem.

The serial number is YH003D888783

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premier will not connect to WiFi after restarting and factory reset

Your Premiere only works on the 2.4 GHz WiFi band. Depending on your ISP, they might have disabled your 2.4 GHz radio. We've heard of some cable providers doing so. It's also possible that your router is set to auto-select the radio channel, and on 2.4 GHz the Roku only works on channel 1-11. If your router changes itself to 12, 13 or 14, it won't be visible to the Roku.

And that leads to another question: does your Roku even see your WiFi name? If not, the problem is likely what I listed above. If you can see it but can't connect, your ISP might have changes the Mode setting on the 2.4 GHz radio to G/N. For unknown reasons, some Roku devices on some routers require the Mode to be set to B/G/N. It makes no sense, but that is usually the solution.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
krheitz

I can see the wifi name, just when I select it, it does not connect. How would I go about setting the mode to B/G/N?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@krheitz wrote:

I can see the wifi name, just when I select it, it does not connect. How would I go about setting the mode to B/G/N?

That varies by the router make and model. If your ISP controls your modem/router, you might not be able to change it yourself. If there's no web interface you can log into to make the changes, your ISP should be able to assist. This is all assuming that the modem/router was provided by your ISP. If you provided it yourself, you should have documentation to assist you with making any changes. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.