Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nabashalam
Reel Rookie

Roku Home app will not generate any Wi-Fi networks. Period!

I am trying to add my doorbell camera to my devices and now the app does not find a single Wi-Fi network. I just connected a new indoor camera but now it cannot find a single network! HELP! And yes I have rebooted my modem. You cant reboot the doorbell camera.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Nabashalam
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Home app will not generate any Wi-Fi networks. Period!

I also put in the wifi name and mac address and it still does not work.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Silly question, but do you have Wi-Fi enabled on your phone or is your phone in Airplane Mode?  Go into its settings and see if the phone sees any Wi-Fi networks.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Nabashalam
Reel Rookie

Wi-Fi is enabled, not in Airplane Mode and I see a string of available networks on my phone,

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Hmm... I missed the part about the indoor camera.  Does the indoor camera still work?

You can restart and/or factory reset a doorbell camera.  You have to go down a bit, but you'll find instructions in these links:
Why is my Roku Smart Home device not connecting to the app during setup? | Roku
How to factory reset your Roku Smart Home device | Official Roku Support

I've found the Roku app to be buggy at best.  Sometimes uninstalling it and reinstalling it fixes it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Paul_SDCA

Another setting to check is to turn off (Access Point) AP Isolation within your WiFi router settings - login to the router admin and begin with Wireless Settings / Advanced or Additional Settings or run through the numerous admin settings grouping screens specific to your router looking for AP Isolation and disable / uncheck the option.

Access Point AP Isolation is a security feature that when enabled prevents different devices logged into the same WiFi network from seeing / communicating with each other while still able to access the internet, so for a home network with WiFi login credentials this is not likely important. AP Isolation is specifically intended to prevent the type of communication that is required for Roku remote apps to discover and communicate with your Roku device.

0 Kudos
Nabashalam
Reel Rookie

Thanks Paul, I will check that. BTW I finally got the camera to connect. I was trying to do it with the wired/wireless camera option which is what I have. But I finally tried it with the wireless camera option and it worked! Go figure.

0 Kudos