Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allison44
Level 7

Roku Express won’t connect to wifi after router rest and factory reset. WiFi connects to other devic

I have a roku express and since yesterday it doesn’t want to connect to my wifi. I have contacted my internet company and they said everything looks fine on their end. I have reset my router and did a factory reset on my device.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express won’t connect to wifi after router rest and factory reset. WiFi connects to other d

@Allison44-

Might your router be one supplied by your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router. This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.

Affected users report the router configuration needs to be switched from g/n security back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
cesjds
Level 7

Re: Roku Express won’t connect to wifi after router rest and factory reset. WiFi connects to other d

This answer worked for me on my Xfinity wifi. On the admin site, I went to 

Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi > Edit 2.4 GHz 

0 Kudos
GarthT92
Level 7

I have Xfinity and this did not work for me. When I had customer support try and do it for me they said BGN was not an option. Any other ways around this?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@GarthT92 unfortunately, no. But I think the Xfinity people didn't know what they were talking about, as it's unlikely their equipment doesn't support .11b. I'm having Xfinity installed tomorrow morning, so I'll be getting some firsthand experience with their latest equipment. Of course, I also have multiple access points on my network, so I most likely won't even be connecting any of my devices wirelessly directly to the Xfinity router. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos