Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlSey

Roku Express w wired connection won't recognize remote

I have a Roku Express 3930. I got the ecommended UGREEN Ethernet Adapter. After I connected the adapter the Roku won't recognize the remote. I tried to repair them but it won't recognize the remote. How can I get them to work. I got the adapter because it looks like I am having some stability issues.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express w wired connection won't recognize remote

Did you read the instruction manual? The manual should have came with your device.  If not, look online.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
CarlSey

I've been thru the instructions and articles. Tried repairing with no luck. It works fine if I unhook the adapter.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Tagging @RokuDanny-R@Hector-Roku, and @RokuKariza-D.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@CarlSey 

Unfortunately, you have a couple of issues going on here. 

1. The Express 3930 cannot use an ethernet adapter for wired capability.  You need the newer Express 4k/4k+ (3940/3941) to take advantage of this feature.  This ethernet feature also available to Streambar (9102) and Streaming Stick 4k/4k+ (3820/3821).

(https://support.roku.com/article/360058027813)

2. The Express 3930 utilizes an IR-based remote (point remote at device - line of sight), so no pairing needed. 

----

Unplug your ethernet adapter and just point your remote at the Express 3930 and everything should work as designed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Michelle3
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar

And that’s why instruction manuals should be included in the box.  Instruction manuals are always important!

~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos