Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elkhorn

Roku Express sees Wi-Fi but not connecting to internet

I have an Alcatel Linkzone 2 network hub connected to a nearby cell tower running on a T-Mobile network. Four days ago we traveled to West Virginia and I took my Alcatel hub with us so we could use it on the road and in the state park. When we returned the network worked fine with computer access to the internet, but while the Roku device say our network it would not connect to the internet. I have reset Roku and the network hub multiple times to no avail. I am speculating that when my network connected to a new tower outside of my home area it somehow would not reconnect to my Roku would not connect to my local tower. This is a quest and not based on experience. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Otherwise ii is bye bye to Roku. Thanks for any help you may provide.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express sees Wi-Fi but not connecting to internet

Hi @Elkhorn

Thanks for the post.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, please be advised that Roku Express (3930X) is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos