Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJM3
Reel Rookie

Roku Express Error 014.40 on initial set up

I am also getting this message. I was able to connect to my phone’s hotspot. I did try a factory reset and it STILL isn’t connecting to my home’s wifi with the correct password. I even tried typing in the SSID and didn’t work. Please help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
remaker
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express Error 014.40 on initial set up

What access point? Does he password have any non-letter, non-numeric characters like * or @?  Try changing the access point password to all letters, all numbers, or something shorter than 8 characters as a test.

It is is a really old Wi-Fi access point, it may not support modern security protocols. See if you can get a firmware update for it.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CJM3,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out and for the troubleshooting you've done so far in resolving this.

To see more of what's going on here. Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? Is there another message showing up on your screen when trying to connect to your home network? If possible, could you provide us with a screenshot of the issue you're seeing?

Let us know more about this so that we can further zoom in on it.

Regards,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CJM3
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I recently moved and my internet/wifi provider is now ImOn, which is a fiberoptic form of internet. I have tried multiple times all with the correct password and wifi account to connect via wifi, however I consistently receive the same error message about connectivity, which I've followed all the suggested steps and hard reset my Roku at least twice, as well as my router. No other messages or errors pop up after it fails to connect and tells me to try again. 

thank you,

CJM3

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CJM3,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We would be delighted to investigate the problem you're having, but we will need additional information. What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV) Could you provide us with a photo or video about the issue that you're running into?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further with your issue.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos