Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alsol
Channel Surfer

Roku Express Can't Connect to Home Network Despite "Excellent" Strength

Earlier today I tried to load a Roku app on my device. However, it almost immediately told me I had no connection. So I went to the network settings page and found my home network had a strength of "Excellent" but when I tried to connect to it, it failed within a few seconds to connect to the wireless network. I then restarted the device several times to no avail. Every other device in the home is connected, however on some devices I have had repeated problems of Wi-Fi connection dropping recently, again even if the strength is excellent. None however have lasted as long as my Roku outage. I have also reset the modem and it still hasn't worked. This Roku is also the furthest away from the router, but only now is it having connection problems after over a year.

What makes my case different I think is that I have a Roku Express 3930X that's not connecting to the internet, but a Express 3700 RW that is. I have tried to get my 3930X to connect to a mobile hotspot, but it doesn't seem able to find one. My router is a Linksys EA3500.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express Can't Connect to Home Network Despite "Excellent" Strength

Hello! @alsol,

Thanks for the post,

We are sorry to hear about your Roku Express having an issue connecting to your WiFi. We are happy to help.

• Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • How far is your device from your network router?

In the meantime, please try selecting the 2.4 GHz band of your network for all your Roku devices and see if the connection stabilizes.

Let's see how it goes.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos