Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Refatb

Roku Element TV loosing wifi.

Jump to solution

My 75 inch Element Roku TV intermittently loosing wifi connection. Power cycling the tv doesn’t work.

To get wifi back, I go to Settings>Network>Check connection

but it looses it again every few hours.

The wifi router is about 8 inches away from the tv. Is this a software or hardware problem?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Element TV loosing wifi.

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Refatb!

We appreciate you for reaching out to us regarding your intermittent Wi-Fi disconnection issues with your Element Roku TV. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

We wanted to know if you have tried using a different network, such as a mobile hotspot to see if that makes a difference.

If you haven't tried resetting your network connection, please follow the steps below for detailed instructions. 

1. Navigate to your Home screen. 
  2. Scroll and select Settings 
  3. Advanced system settings 
  4. Network connection reset 
  5. Reset connection.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, please do not hesitate to inform us. We would appreciate it if you could keep us updated about the progress.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Refatb!

We appreciate you for reaching out to us regarding your intermittent Wi-Fi disconnection issues with your Element Roku TV. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

We wanted to know if you have tried using a different network, such as a mobile hotspot to see if that makes a difference.

If you haven't tried resetting your network connection, please follow the steps below for detailed instructions. 

1. Navigate to your Home screen. 
  2. Scroll and select Settings 
  3. Advanced system settings 
  4. Network connection reset 
  5. Reset connection.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, please do not hesitate to inform us. We would appreciate it if you could keep us updated about the progress.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sherfullen

Jump to solution

I too have had loss of WiFi connection on my element Roku tv. It’s happened a few times just within the last week or so. Causing me to have to go through the wireless connection setup process each time.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Sherfullen,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We are glad to help you with the issue you're facing while connecting your Element Roku TV to your wireless network.

• Is this the first time you set up this Roku TV?
  • Are your other devices able to connect to the network without any issues or latency?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?

How to fix common network issues

Review the tips below to fix common network issues for your Roku streaming device.

• Make sure you are using the right network and password.
  • Check if other devices can connect to the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Restart your Roku device.
  • Restart your router.
  • Test your Wi-Fi signal.

For more detailed information about fixing Wi-Fi issues, visit our Support page here: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku TV/ streaming device

Please keep us updated on any progress and we will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stuckeja

Jump to solution

I've had the TV for over a year without issue.

All other devices can connect to the Internet just fine.

No changes to the network recently.

Also tried connecting to my hotspot and it didn't work either.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @stuckeja ,

Greetings from the Roku Community! 

We understand that you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Roku TV and we appreciate you for contacting us about this matter.

We understand that you have already attempted the necessary troubleshooting steps, and we would like to thank you for your effort. As the issue still persists, we will escalate this matter to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Rest assured, we will keep you updated on any available information or updates regarding your concern. I also drop you a PM for this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos