Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patha053
Level 7

Roku Connectivity Issue w WiFi dropping everytime

I have a Roku device that used to work fine until last week. It was connected to the WiFi and had no problem running apps. Since last week, it has been having connectivity issues. I have to run the network prompt multiple times but the WiFi still crashes. I have restarted Roku and done multiple other things but it does not work. It doesn’t connect to the WiFi instantly and when it does, it falls off quickly. Very weird. Please tell me what to do? 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Connectivity Issue w WiFi dropping everytime

If you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP go into the router settings and change the wireless mode to b/g/n from g/n.  If not, what's the model number of your Roku shown under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jr73
Level 7

I have the same problem.  Restarted router, restarted Roku multiple times.  I have Cox.  Called them, they restarted on their end, connected but having a lot of issues still.  I have no idea how to change the router settings and neither did the support person with Cox.  

0 Kudos
Patha053
Level 7

Yeah! I am not able to change those settings. The model number is 3920X - Roku Premier

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Jr73-

Call Cox again in the hope you reach an agent that knows what he/she is doing.  If they can't help ask to be transferred to a tech.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Jr73 and @Patha053 

If you post both your Roku model models and your router model numbers, perhaps can provide you some instructions/assistance on changing these settings.

Sometimes these routers are "locked down" by the ISP so an end-user cannot make the needed changes so only the ISP tech staff can make the changes, but may be worth a shot to see if yours are accessible to changes.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
Jr73
Level 7

Roku model 3920x and 3930x

router model TG1682G

I’m not calling Cox again, my internet is working fine

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Jr73 

Helped another community member with this Arris TG1682G a couple of weeks ago and the problem was linked to the b/g/n settings as mentioned by @renojim.

You can find the discussion here with the instructions needed to login to your router and where these settings are within the router or by using the router app.  (https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/I-m-getting-error-message-014-30-an...)

To get started, either launch your router's mobile app, or type in 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of any web browser that is connected to the same network of your router.  From within your Roku, if you navigate to Settings...System..About.. [press OK], the IP address displayed will let you know which one of the above logins will work for you for the login address to the admin page of your router.  If your IP address is 192.168.0.xxx then use the 192.168.0.1.  If IP is 10.0.0.xxx, then use the 10.0.0.1 address in the browser. Then follow the instructions in the above link for the passwords needed and location of settings. (Default passwords are admin and password)

If you need more specific help or have any additional questions, feel free to post back.  Please keep us update on your progress as this should hopefully resolve your issue.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
Jr73
Level 7

Are these instructions just for xfinity users?

0 Kudos
Jr73
Level 7

Tried these instructions, reached out to Cox again, nothing worked.  I’m throwing away my Roku products and trying something else.  This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos