Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cottonm4
Reel Rookie

Roku 4K +. went dead. Will not hook up. Or pair. Or whatever. It does not do squat. I'm lost.

I have been using this Roku 4K + sine I bought it new in Sept. 2022.      Two days ago it lost any ability to work. It will not turn on the TV. Or if I use my TV controller to turn the TV on, the Roku does nothing. It just plays dead dog. 

It will not pair up. The little green light does not light up. 

I'm not sure what to do.

Can anybody help?   Or should I throw in the towel and go by an Amazon Fire Stick?  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 4K +. went dead. Will not hook up. Or pair. Or whatever. It does not do squat. I'm lost.

Sounds like you need to contact support..its best to state the model since there are numerous Roku 4K devices..also curious if its plugged into the same power strip your TV is using. Regardless, best of success

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
cottonm4
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 4K +. went dead. Will not hook up. Or pair. Or whatever. It does not do squat. I'm lost.

I would love to contact support but have not figured out how to do that.   Support says my unit does not qualify for support ????? 

0 Kudos
cottonm4
Reel Rookie

I would love to contact support, but have not figured out how.  The support page says my unit does not qualify for support, if you can imagine that. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

On the support page, you can click on devices issues (or anything really), then when it asks you to sign in, you can click on “Having trouble accessing your account?” then at the bottom of the next page click “If you still need assistance, contact us” .  (People miss this – it’s in smaller text than the other options.)

Unfortunately, the next page is very fragile.  If it hangs – you may need to enable javacript or even switch browsers, which will take you back to the beginning.  Once you get the page to load, you can choose chat, email or calling. 

That said, it sounds like your Roku is out of warranty and I don’t know how much help you’ll get anyway.  Since the remote won’t interact with either the TV (which is IR) or the Roku, it kind of sounds like the remote.  I assume you’ve changed batteries.  Since it’s free, you might try the official Roku Inc app on your phone.  (Don’t download a third-party app that wants money.) 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
cottonm4
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply.   Roku has a long list of items that are qualified for agent support.  However, none of the controllers are in this list.  

I bought a 2 year warranty when I bought this Roku 4K +.   The warranty paid off and I got a new rechargeable controller.  The other controller went bad.  One second it was working and then it just  went dead.

Thanks again for your reply. 

0 Kudos