Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faret

Roku 4K + BenQ Projector + LG Soundbar

Jump to solution

I have connected my Roku Streaming Stick 4K to my BenQ HT1070A. My LG soundbar with woofer is connected to the projector with an AUX cable. I’m struggling to connect my Roku remote to my soundbar for power and volume control.

I had a fire stick prior to this and I was able to control using their remote in IR.

Anyone has a similar setup and got it working ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 4K + BenQ Projector + LG Soundbar

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @faret.

Thanks for providing precise information about your setup and how you want to connect your Roku remote to your soundbar. No worries! We'd be happy to be of assistance here.

Please be aware that the remote that comes with your Roku Streaming Stick 4K is a voice remote that needs to be paired directly to the Roku player. It will most likely not work to control your LG soundbar as it is paired to your Roku player without using IR. 

Nevertheless, we offer a Roku Players (Simple) remote, which works through IR. For more information about this, you may refer to our Roku Product Website.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @faret.

Thanks for providing precise information about your setup and how you want to connect your Roku remote to your soundbar. No worries! We'd be happy to be of assistance here.

Please be aware that the remote that comes with your Roku Streaming Stick 4K is a voice remote that needs to be paired directly to the Roku player. It will most likely not work to control your LG soundbar as it is paired to your Roku player without using IR. 

Nevertheless, we offer a Roku Players (Simple) remote, which works through IR. For more information about this, you may refer to our Roku Product Website.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@faret-

@RokuCarly wrote:

The Roku Simple Remote DOES control via IR.   But it only has buttons to control Roku functions, not TV functions, so it cannot control the audio volume.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos