Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ozzbatt

Roku 1 update functionality and streaming audio playback

Streaming audio?

For some reason many years ago I set aside a Roku 1 box to use it's RCA connections to connect to a projector for a movie night for the kids in my common yard with my neighbors. Can the device still be used for streaming audio using the media player program, or perhaps a service like Pandora? 

I know that there is a shelf life for these things as the tech becomes outdated, I simply would like to use the device as a part of my home audio setup, and not toss it out to the landfill if there is still some usefulness as a streaming audio services interface...?? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 1 update functionality and streaming audio playback

If it's the 2710 shown in your post then it's no longer receiving updates, but it should still work with what's installed now.  I don't know if you can add any new channels/apps or not.  Go ahead and give it a shot.  I use an ancient Roku 2 XS connected to my stereo to play my own music off of my server.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos