Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmortal03
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

@sean5 wrote:

nope!! Not the solution

@sean5 , you've got to click the quote button, or we can't know which things didn't work for you.

0 Kudos
Anon808

Jump to solution
@mmortal03 wrote:

@ClayClai, did you get yours to work? Not sure what router firmware you're using, but I'm using OpenWRT, and the solution was to uncheck the "allow legacy 802.11b rates" setting, then Save, and Save and Apply.

The setting is under:
Network->Wireless
Click the Edit button associated with the 2.4GHz radio
Go to Advanced Settings tab
uncheck "allow legacy 802.11b rates"
Save, then Save and Apply. Possibly reboot the router after this.

Thanks! This was the only solution that worked for me.

OpenWRT Router (wrt32x) & Roku Express

Unchecked "allow legacy 802.11b rates", saved, saved and applied, and a reboot. Good to go!

0 Kudos
BarbCT

Jump to solution

Wow! This thread has been an eye-opener! This is my first time in the community. I was about to go nuts figuring out what happened between the time I turned off my TV Sunday night and when I turned it back on Monday evening. My Ultra had worked flawlessly for almost three years until then. 

Spectrum is my ISP and I also have their streaming service, which was the only thing I could watch until this evening. Multiple restarts of my Roku and reboots of modem and router. Still got an error that I wasn't connected to the Internet - whether the wired or wireless connection - though the About in settings said I was connected. Spectrum ended up sending out a tech and he couldn't figure it out, but he was able to determine that the problem wasn't on their end.

Something I read here prompted me to go into the router settings. Ultimately, the only thing I changed was to have a static address and to select DNS automatically. Now everything is working fine. The only correlation I can come up with is that I stopped using a proxy server I was paying for and they took my IP address out of their system. 

0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I gotta say rebooting the router worked for me.  Didn't think it would.

Set up:

pfSense firewall/router

VPN with killswitch (all traffic stops if VPN goes down)

Roku bypasses VPN.

VPN killswitch activated, and had to renew it.  Roku stopped connecting afterwards. Everything else on the LAN was happy.

Tried everything.  Even put the roku through the VPN.

Did a packet capture of the roku <> WAN (or VPN) always 0 packets captured. Even when rebooting and when testing wired connection.

Did a packet capture roku <> LAN (since I control it via curl commands) plenty of packets.

Rebooted and happy again.  Guess the killswitch mucked something up.

Off topic, but can one install a cert on a roku for WPA2 Enterprise WiFi? (I think my model is a 3xs)

0 Kudos
Bl12

Jump to solution

Can’t get to settings

0 Kudos
Kizzy

Jump to solution

No help

0 Kudos
Raven_M

Jump to solution

Factory resetting it worked! Setting it back up is a pain tho, if there another option to try first... do that lol.

0 Kudos
Tisa523

Jump to solution

Try system restart. This worked for me. 

0 Kudos
jigzsaw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I know how to reset the Roku.  All three of my TVs are Roku supported and all three are not connecting.  The wifi is fine...computer, iPhone, iPad all working off my wifi.  At a loss.  Must be something on the Roku end?

0 Kudos
Adie1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I can only repeat what worked for me, which was changing the wi-fi channel. I'd been having intermittent Roku problems for ages, then changed the channel on another user's advice, and it's been fine ever since. (It's an easy fix to Google if you're a dunce like me!) Good luck!