Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adkins147
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Even after following those steps twice, the Roku intermittently found the network, but would not connect. Don't know what else to do here. I double checked the router and everything.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Adkins147, this is the first time you've posted about this problem.  We need more information. 

• Are you trying to connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz? 
  • What channel are you using? 
  • Who is your ISP?

The last question is important because Cox and Comcast/Xfinity customers have had some kind of update that affects Roku connections.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Misskate1873
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I have tried the router restart method. It did not work. I have tried the factory reset. It worked. Then I had to install some long update and now it won’t work! Nothing works. Is my stick toast?

0 Kudos
SkiGal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my Roku Premiere and it is very frustrating! Retried, all the ways recommended: plugged and unplugged, tried setting up a new connection, you name it. I am disgusted!

0 Kudos
Misskate1873
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am starting to wonder if the product is just **bleep**. This is the second Roku stick that has gone to **bleep** in a year. I am debating whether to try a different Roku product or to be done with the whole racket. 

0 Kudos
mmortal03
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Misskate1873 wrote:

I am starting to wonder if the product is just **bleep**. This is the second Roku stick that has gone to **bleep** in a year. I am debating whether to try a different Roku product or to be done with the whole racket. 

Test it to see if it will work with your phone's Internet connection by setting up your phone as a mobile WiFi hotspot and connecting the Roku to that temporarily (and don't actually watch much content, or you'll use a lot of your phone's data). Successfully doing this would rule out that your Roku's WiFi chip has become broken.

0 Kudos
kukuro82

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue with my Roku Express and nothing is working. I tried the factory restart, reseting both my Roku and wifi and still nothing. It was fine one day and without anything changing, the next day it was no longer connecting. Any new ideas on how to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@kukuro82 

If you know how to login to your router, you need to verify that your 2.4 Ghz band is configured properly and operating.  Verify settings on the 2.4 Ghz band under "Wireless Settings/WIFI"....

[1] 2.4 Ghz radio is ON/Enabled

[2] Wireless Channel is set to 1-11 (ch. 1, 6, and 11 preferred for troubleshooting)

[3] Mode/Protocol is set to b/g/n

[4] Bandwidth or Channel Width is set to 20 Mhz.

If you need more help, post back with your Roku Express model number, your Router model number, and your ISP (Internet Provider)

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BillAnderson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too have Xfinity.  Where/how did you:

Get to your ISP account internet section?

Check for connected devices? 

Set the internet permission for the M.A.C. Address to "ALLOW" it?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@BillAnderson, Xfinity has an app you can use or there should be a sticker on the router showing how to log into the router using a browser.                         

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos